Tuesday, March 21, 2006

An Introduction

Anyone who has read “Sirens of Titan” will think that it was exceptionally presumptuous to title a blog as I did, and of course they would be absolutely correct. My intention, however, was not to claim ownership over a confluence of all correct ideas (and I doubt the U.S. Patent Office will help me in that regard), but rather to create a place for myself to share my ideas with others, and hopefully find a variety of viewpoints in return. Chrono-synclastic infundibula as Vonnegut defines them are volatile, even dangerous places, but I believe that anyone who can reach them will come out the funnel a better person (if perhaps a little bit more disarranged). So welcome, and I hope that we can both agree to avoid thinking about agreement for a little while as I ramble on.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hey it's pretty presumptuous of people to make blogs anyway, let's join 'em!

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just the sort of blog I envisioned you writing. At least you had the foresight to not only define your blog title but also tell how to pronounce it! There's nothing I like better than reading about what you think! This is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home